It is Sandringham policy to maintain a good attendance, which currently stands at 97% across the school. While some absences, such as for illness, are quite unavoidable, we find that students with a full attendance are more confident and more successful in their studies.
The following routines are part of our response to the need to monitor attendance:
- Parents must inform school immediately a student is absent , using our Absence line: 01727 895929.
- Our Pastoral Support Assistant will contact parents as soon as a student is absent with no explanation if they are deemed to be at risk.
- Parents of any student who is absent with no explanation will be contacted.
- Continued and frequent absences with no satisfactory explanation will be referred to the Attendance Improvement Officer.
- Only the Head teacher can authorise an absence from school.
- Random attendance checks will be operated during the day to deter unauthorised absences from lessons.
- Detention will operate on a weekly basis for students involved in unauthorised absences.
- Rewards will be given for good attendance and where a marked improvement in attendance is achieved.
We would ask you to think twice before taking children out of school for holidays within term time.
It is appreciated that occasionally this is unavoidable, but research constantly tells us that children who miss days at school can be disadvantaged.
Please take time to view the Absences, Punctuality & Holiday Requests document.